$12 – $20 an hourInternship
Who You Are
You are an aspiring software developer who likes to learn and desires to work within a team of developers. You appreciate the challenge of integrating what you know with new products and frameworks. You don’t accept “it can’t be done.” You want working software that is elegant, flexible, extensible, and secure. You take ownership of projects and are proud to sign your name at completion.
Who We Are
A group of about a dozen software developers, building tools to enable Bible Translation, to make the Bible available to everyone, everywhere. God has blessed us with the resources to pay for high performance team-members. You can learn more about our organization athttp://bibletechs.org/. This is the kind of place that rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
The Job You’ll Do
First, you’ll be a developer. You’ll be building software tools for Bible Translation. Your work will be used globally. You’ll jump into a fast movingriver of existing projects, plus have the space to help create new tools and systems for Bible translators. You’ll be responsible to understand projects at a high-level, then roll up your sleeves and write amazing code. You and your teammates will create solutions so the rest of the organization can focus on raising money, raising volunteers, equipping the nations to translate the Bible, and saving the world. You’ll propel the Bible toward universal availability.
What We’ll Do For You
- We’ll give you a place where you can build things the way you’ve always wanted to, and make a difference in the process.
- We’ll give you opportunities to grow, stretch, flex, and learn.
- Teach and implement Agile/Scrum methodology
- Provide software development experience guided by seasoned professionals
- Create an environment to learn from mentors and each other
- Have you contribute to real-world projects with meaningful impact
- Enable worshiping God through your talents in fellowship with other believers
Job Responsibilities And Duties
- Participate in daily team Standup meetings
- Capture and document software requirements
- Participate in Sprint and Product planning
- Create and provide estimates for User Stories
- Write unit and automated tests
- Submit and review Pull Requests
- Work with a team to develop functioning software each Sprint
Education, Prior Work Experience, And/Or Specialized Skills And Knowledge
- You have experience coding in one or more of these areas
- Front End (Angular, React, or Vue)
- A managed or compiled language (C#, Java, or Kotlin)
- A scripted or interpreted language (Ruby, Python, or Node.js)
- You have used software versioning control (such as Git, Mercurial, or Subversion) in your own projects or when working with others.
Your Education & Experience:
- You are currently enrolled as a full-time student with a Comp-Sci Major at an accredited college or university.
- You’re holding an overall GPA of 3.0 or above.
- If you are still in school, you are or will be a Senior by Fall of 2019.
- It would be great if you had experience with SQL Server databases.
- Even better, if you had prior internship experience.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Can keep commitments.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $12.00 to $20.00 /hour