What the Motion Graphics Intern will be responsible for:
Assist Graphic Designers and Producers with content creation as assigned. Responsibilities will include:
- Craft Digital Signage or LED based off of templates created by Broadcast Production staff.
- Acquire video, photos, logos and fonts for Digital Signage and LED creation.
- Create all other graphics and animations as assigned.
Assist Broadcast Production Producers with various Broadcast and In-Arena video features and Marketing promos as assigned. Responsibilities will include:
- Research and digitize highlights and other footage prior or during edit sessions.
- Acquire footage from external resources and general story/information gathering for each project.
- Export and/or compress files to send out for internal and external client approval.
- Media manage and archive graphics, promos and features.
- Complete media encoding, file conversion, web compression and video editing requests and deliver/distribute upon completion for internal and external departments as assigned.
- Assist with control room positions for live events, assist with digital archival procedures.
- Makes decisions with little or no choice as to the methods and procedures used in achieving results.
- All other duties as assigned.
What the Motion Graphics Intern needs to have:
- Post Grad (recent college graduates within 18 months of graduation) or graduate-level college students required. Vocational broadcasting students accepted as well.
- Working knowledge and experience required with:
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Encore or DVD Studio Pro
- Video Compression formats
- Considered a plus, working knowledge and experience with:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Digital Signage and LED video boards
- DSLR / XDCAM cameras
- Cinema 4D, Maya or 3DS Max
- Administrative computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Knowledge of basketball/NBA preferred.
- Audio and/or Video production, journalism, communications or related major or production background preferred.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.
What we offer you:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Minimum wage plus overtime
- Use of RDV Sportsplex, state of the art athletic club access
- Game tickets during Magic season (as available)
- 40% discount on Orlando Magic merchandise
- Medical coverage option
- Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the intern
- Reliable transportation is also needed
- Office Hours – M-F, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Each internship supervisor dictates hours
- Most Interns work all game nights (44 home games + playoffs and finals) including weekends and holidays
- Culture built on Community, Innovation, Legendary and Teamwork!
The Orlando Magic are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at the Orlando Magic via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Orlando Magic HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of the Orlando Magic. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the Orlando Magic as a result of the referral or through other means.
The Orlando Magic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm