VHB is home to a team of passionate professionals providing transportation planning and engineering, land development, planning and design, and environmental services. We have an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Design Intern for the southeast region design team in VHB’s Orlando, Florida office. The individual will work between 10-20 hours weeky.
VHB’s in-house team of graphic designers think critically and strategically to create clear, compelling visual communications. We work on a wide variety of projects that enhance our communities and the world around us—figures/exhibits, presentations, proposals, publications, project identities, interactive media, web and mobile experiences, marketing and public outreach collateral, ad campaigns, digital communications, and more. We geek out over typography, grids, infographics, color, and paragraph styles while ensuring our brand’s consistency.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has a passion for good design
- Is articulate, personable, and energetic
- Is excited about being part of a team
- Works collaboratively with diverse teams (often including marketers and technical staff)
- Thinks critically and strategically about how to create clear, compelling visual communications
- Loves typography, grids, infographics, color, and paragraph styles
- Appreciates and uses great page layout
- Asks good questions to help strengthen the project
- Is comfortable handling multiple assignments at once
- Has strong time management skills
- Must have or be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related discipline
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite for print, web, and motion graphics
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint experience
- Photography skills are a plus
- Experience in 3D visualization and website building applications is a plus
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship. These are exciting times at VHB—come join us and help shape our communities in a meaningful and sustainable way.