What the Digital Content Production will be responsible for:
- Assist with shoots for web/social shows
- Edit video vignettes, features, and social shows
- Produce motion and video infographics
- Log game footage
- Equipment set-up and strike for studio and field production
- Craft social media video packages to engage fan base on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories
- Generate creative and unrivaled video content for web/social
- Makes decisions with little or no choice as to the methods and procedures used in achieving results.
- Digitize and Archive old media.
- Caption Videos for social media platforms
- Other duties as assigned.
What the Digital Content Production needs to have:
- Post Grad (recent college graduates within 18 months of graduation) or graduate-level college students required.
- Portfolio link required.
- Degree in Television/Film production, Broadcast Journalism, Communications, and or related area of study.
- Knowledge of NBA and sports preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe Production Suite, especially Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Familiarity with the latest social trends and platforms.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
- Reliable transportation for off-site filming is required.
What we offer you:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Minimum wage plus overtime
- Use of RDV Sportsplex, state of the art athletic club access
- Game tickets during Magic season (as available)
- 40% discount on Orlando Magic merchandise
- Medical coverage option
- Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the intern
- Reliable transportation is also needed
- Office Hours – M-F, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Each internship supervisor dictates hours
- Most Interns work all game nights (44 home games + playoffs and finals) including weekends and holidays
- Culture built on Community, Innovation, Legendary and Teamwork!
The Orlando Magic are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at the Orlando Magic via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Orlando Magic HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of the Orlando Magic. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the Orlando Magic as a result of the referral or through other means.
The Orlando Magic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm