he TV Production Technician I works in various technical disciplines during a live 24/7 network operation. The Production Technician I must have solid technical skills and excellent dependability, as well as a willingness to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced production environment.
Day in the Life
- Work the live broadcast in the assigned technical role.
- Work offline projects in the assigned technical role.
- Take direction from Live Show Directors and execute in order to achieve network production goals.
- Effective use of preproduction time to achieve high-quality production output.
- Set up and prepare studios and control room for live and taped productions.
- Assist with camera blocking.
- Assist with microphone and IFB checks.
- Maintain the studio and control room by keeping the area clean and properly reporting equipment issues.