Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: The intern will work with project teams assisting with overall 3D design, modeling, animation, and documentation for Creative direction of theme park attraction development.
- Character and object modeling, rigging, and animation (Maya) with focus on Figure Animation development (practical/dimensional figures).
- Assist with 3D design of show sets, animated figures, props, rides vehicles. and other show elements.
- 3D model, rig, and animate characters and objects proportionally and physically accurate based off video/image reference.
- Model, rig, and animate conceptual mechanical systems for moving objects
- Generate animatics including character animation, show elements, and ride systems within creative and technical performance specifications as provided.
- Assist in the production of full ride – through animatics
- Produce turntable and character study animations
- Create maxscripts that assist/evaluate/output animation data
- Produce sightline and scale studies for characters and show elements
- Work with IP content – maintain character integrity of pertinent Intellectual Property
- Produce character/scene concept drawings
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Computer Animation, Computer Graphics, 3D Animation, 3D Design, or Themed Entertainment Design.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Maya modeling/rigging/animation and/or 3D Studio Max
- Experience with other design software such as AutoCAD preferred
- Must have solid character animation skills – analysis of human/animal behavior and ability to deconstruct/reconstruct on abstract character forms
- Strong life drawing/concept sketching skills perferred
- Basic skills in Max and/or MEL scripting preferred
- Must display a general understanding of real world motion and scale
- Must be proficient n Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in technology, theme park development, and experience design
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please include a link to your portfolio of your work or upload via option via application.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring internships run from January 2019 through May 2019.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE