Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Working with project teams assisting with overall 3D design, modeling, animation, and documentation for creative direction.
- Assist with 3D design of show sets, animated figures, props, ride vehicles, and other show elements.
- 3D model, rig, and animate characters and objects proportionally and physically accurate based off video/image reference
- Model, rig, and animate conceptual mechanical systems for moving objects
- Animate characters, show elements, and ride systems within creative and technical performance specifications as provided
- Assist in the production of full ride-through animatics
- Produce turntable and character study animations
- Produce character/object scale studies
- Create maxscripts that assist/evaluate/output animation data
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include Computer Animation, Computer Graphics, 3D Animation, 3D Design, Themed Entertainment Design.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in 3D Studio Max.
- Additional experience with other design software such as Maya or Autocad preferred.
- Must display a general understanding of real-world motion and scale.
- Experience with animation of physical props/characters/equipment using digital software is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Summer internships are approximately from May 2019 to August 2019.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.